Wednesday 12 September 2012

Lets Catch up!

Well I hope everyone had a great summer, fall is in the air and I personally am a fall person. I love the fall, the change of the leaves, crispness in the air and the cooler temperatures! As I mentioned in a previous post, I am menopausal and heat is my enemy, so cooler days are my friend. It is also election time in the U.S. and there is so much going on especially with the 2 conventions and campaign thumping so maybe some one can tell me why the U.S has only 2 parties and independent candidates? why isn't there more to choose from? here in Canada we have several parties, not all of the great or that will ever succeed at winning an election but at least we have other choices. Then today I was reading that there is a lot of hubbub about some of these politicians using social media as a form of getting information out or should I say propaganda? So should there be a limit to what they can do through social media? or should it be used at all? I am not a very political person, but I do take the opportunity to vote, why you may ask....well I believe that if you don't vote, then don't bitch about what the people in power are doing with your tax dollars! so its simple DON'T VOTE, DON'T BITCH. Now for those that do vote, if your preferred candidate gets in and you don't like what they are doing...BITCH, if the candidate you voted for doesn't get in and you don't like what they are doing...BITCH, over all your exercising your right to say something. I think this is fair, don't you? Everyday I speak with people who complain for one reason or another about what the current government is doing, so my first question to them is "did you vote"? most say no and a small percentage say yes, if you say no, then I say I don't want to talk to you about. Some may say this is a foolish attitude, and maybe even a narrow view, but I don't think so because we were given this opportunity to decide who we want in power and it is our duty to help make that choice. Let not just sit back and let these choices go to waste, get out and vote people!

No comments:

Post a Comment